Visa and Insurance

passport-canada-residenceVisa Information

Please read the following information to understand the Visa regulations. Visa regulations are determined by Immigration Canada and are subject to change. Please verify visa information with the nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate.

Visitor’s Visa

International students who wish to study in Canada for up to 6 months may need a visitor’s visa depending on the country for which they hold a passport. Check the list of Countries/ Territories whose citizens require a visa in order to enter Canada as a visitor.

Study Permit

Students do not need a “study permit” for programs that last 6 months or less.

If you plan to study in Canada for longer than 6 months, you must obtain a Study Permit. They are available through you local Canadian Embassy.

Students may apply for a study permit even if they are going to study for 6 months or less. If students are coming for less than 6 months and are thinking of possibly extending their studies to more than 6 months, they should apply for a Study Permit in their home country. Students can extend their Study Permit from within Canada, but they cannot get a study permit from within Canada.

Work Permit

For unpaid Volunteer Internship Programs (VIP) of less than 6 months in total, students are not required to obtain a Work or Study Permit.

For unpaid Volunteer Internship Programs (VIP) lasting more than 6 months in total, students are required to obtain a Study Permit before entering Canada. A Work Permit is not required.

For paid work/ internship programs (Work Experience Programs – WEP), students should obtain a Study Permit before entering Canada. A Study Permit will allow the school to assist students in applying for a Work Permit after arriving in Canada. In some instances Canadian consulates provide a Work Permit along with the Study Permit.

Medical Insurance

Private Medical Insurance

Please see your advisor in our school to purchase medical insurance.

Please obtain private medical insurance before your arrival. Provincial medical plans do not cover international students.

Canadian Government Websites

Countries and Territories whose Citizens Require a visa

Study Permits-Application

Canadian Visa Offices

Studying in Canada-overview

List of Canadian Embassies and Consulates

Latest News

January 7, 2016

  Please complete the Online Registration by clicking on the homepage’s link “Online Student Registration”. Do you have a science undergrad? Are you interested in a career in Pharmaceutical Technology? Workshop Address:   Toronto Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, 55 Town Centre Court, Scarborough, Ontario M1P 4X4.   Also visit learn more about the courses, […]

January 6, 2016

  Canada Residence English School will have admission advisors available to assist Everest College students in finding the best program for them and transitioning to a new college. Canada Residence English School offers programs to assist student who may be interested in going to a convention Ontario University or College through our University and College […]

Upcoming Events


Toronto Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology (TIPT®),, Upcoming FREE Pharmaceutical Career Fair. Please complete the online registration form to put forth your attendance for this career fair:   Upcoming Dates: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 Wednesday, Decemeber 30, 2015 Friday, January 8, 2016 Wednesday, January 13, 2016   Please visit or contact to […]


Administrative professionals in the public service play an important role during the current period of significant change. At the Heart of Change is a seminar that can help participants acquire new skills, share best practices and generate new ideas to overcome challenges in today’s context. This year’s forum objectives are: recognize the impact that change […]